Day 2 in Yellow Sheet Week is another bra for Martina. (Mom… stop... please…)
I ran into a lot of problems this time, all of my own making.
First I sewed together the front pieces wrong. I pulled it apart and started over.
Next I attached the back piece backwards. I cut it off (it was serged and I wasn’t going to unpick it) and reattached it, right side out.
I started to sew on the elastic around the bottom when I saw that the back piece was now upside down. I removed the elastic and cut the back off again.
As I was pinning the back piece in place I realized I had actually done it correctly the second time — it wasn’t upside down. By this time the back band was at least 2 cm shorter than when I started. (Fortunately the fabric is soft and stretchy.)
Finally, the bra was done. Until I saw that one of the straps was twisted. Sigh. The stitch ripper was put to some good use on this Thing.
I didn’t have any white fold over elastic so I used lingerie elastic for the whole thing. It doesn’t give as polished a look to the bra, plus I’m not sure how well it will hold up, especially the straps.
But it was free so I don’t mind taking a chance on it. Living on the edge…
Cost of this Thing: 0
Cost of all Things to date: €235.99