I’ve set a challenge for myself this week: 5 Things out of one metre of fabric. This is my feeble attempt to reduce the deficit.
I mentioned last week that I let the girls each pick out a metre of fabric for a shirt. Martina’s was the black jersey with white polka dots (Thing 123) and Esther picked out a pink flowered knit.
To make Esther’s shirt I used the Renfrew pattern again but lopped two inches off the length and raised the neckline by about an inch.
I put the Agatha Christie down and focused on sewing quickly. 55 minutes, baby! Yep, I sewed a shirt in under an hour. Feeling pretty pleased with myself.
And as you can see, Esther is pretty pleased, too.
I had a good quarter metre of the fabric left and hence the idea to make multiple Things with it this week. I CANNOT pass the €200 mark already. I’m going to try stretch that €2.38 for a bit.
Cost of this Thing: €3
Cost of all Things to date: €197.62